Friday, December 13, 2013

Eitan Be Trashin Dat Chocolate

Today I went to The Dollar Tree and was served a box of very bad chocolate. While eating this chocolate, I cried because of how bad it tasted. I am pretty sure there was actually a little bit of mold on it. I looked down at the package/wrapper and it said that the ingredients were milk, cacao and sugar. From my previous knowledge (because I'm a genius), I knew that the cacao came from the New World. Chocolate is produced from the seed of the tropical Theobroma cacao tree which was cultivated in Mexico, Central America and Northern South America. Sugar came from the Old World to the New World. It originated from Africa but was then brought over to the Caribbean and cultivated there. Cattle originated in the Old World and were brought over to the New World during the Columbian Exchange because there were no large animals in the New World besides buffalo. Milk comes from cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment