Friday, December 13, 2013

I(Talia)n Experience

  After studying for three hours for the AP World History final I decided to feed myself. Hungry for some spaghetti Bolognese I drove myself to the Italian restaurant called Carbonara Trattoria. The smell of basil, garlic, and onions filled the atmosphere as soon as you walked through the door. As I sat down to read the menu my eyes immediately went to their delicious bowl of spaghetti Bolognese. Reading the ingredients, to see if it was kosher, I started to notice that this meal was full of ingredients from the Columbian Exchange, which I had been studying about earlier. The meal contained oil, tomatoes, onions, beef, sugar, parsley, salt, pepper, and spaghetti all ingredients that were traded between the Americas and Afro Eurasia during the Columbian Exchange. Spaghetti Bolognese is a meal I recommended to anyone that wants a delightful meal filled with a variety of ingredients from the New to Old and Old to New Worlds.  
-Talia Kowalsky
 

No comments:

Post a Comment